Products tell stories. Why not make them dramatic?
It’s easy to forget the customer experience in the real world when we only represent them as stickies on a whiteboard or personas in a user story. Anyone who participates in or facilitates product design, customer journey, and/or story mapping discussions will benefit from this highly interactive workshop. We will introduce theatre education concepts that bring customers and customer journeys to life, enable close collaboration with stakeholders and teams, and ultimately lead to better product design. Going beyond team-building, we will explore the theatre-in-education technique of Process Drama to put customer journeys on their feet.
Process Drama immerses the team in the story and invites real-time reaction and reflection. For those averse to the spotlight, fear not! There is no performance, only small group collaboration. Through live experimentation and iteration, unknown gaps come to light and different customer experiences are discovered. At the end of this workshop, you will have the tools you need to facilitate these simulations in your workplace.
- Implement theatre education concepts in an Agile setting
- Apply acting exercises to enhance team collaboration
- Develop a guided theatrical experience based in the customer journey and present it informally within the session
- After a guided theatrical experience, evaluate what they learned from the customer journey
- Compare and contrast multiple customer interactions within a guided theatrical experience.