Agile Open Program
AGILE OPEN PROGRAM: THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAM IS TO SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY (OST) EVENTS IN THE AGILE SOFTWARE ARENA.
Agile Open Program Event Sponsorship Policy This policy is intended to support organizers of Open Space Technology (OST) events — that promote the concepts of agile software development — who seek sponsorship from the Agile Alliance. This policy does not apply to conferences that are run by the Agile Alliance. To request sponsorship, send the request form (Word doc) to the email@example.com (Director: Ainsley Nies).
The Program will utilize the following prerequisites when considering a request for sponsorship:
- The event is a stand-alone and not associated with, connected to or part of another event
- organizing committee and/or participants include Agile Alliance members
- not-for-profit event
- community inspired and organized (such as by geography or agile process)
- adheres to the founding Open Space Technology principles and practices, including the involvement of an experienced OST facilitator and having a Theme
- participants are free from sponsor intrusion; if sponsors have a presence at the event, participants have a “pull” relationship with them rather than a “push” from sponsors
- event size is 20 – 200
- event length is at least one day, longer preferred
The Agile Open Program may provide sponsorship in several ways: Media – event promotion on the Agile Alliance website and in at least one email News to our members. Operational – mentoring and tool support for event organizers: tips on how to find an OST facilitator, space calculator tool, event materials (OS posters in various languages), etc. Financial – the Agile Open Program may support event finances by an amount up to 750 USD.
In addition, events that are being launched for the first time may be granted additional funding up to 1500 USD providing budget and non-profit arrangements are reviewed by the program committee. Membership -- may provide subsidized memberships in Agile Alliance. Event organizers are expected to display the Agile Alliance logo on the event website (front page and sponsors page) with an associated click-though to www.agilealliance.org. Any non-profit organization may submit a request to the Alliance for sponsorship of a conference. Requests for sponsorship should be made by completing the application form and submitting it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Factors in Determining Sponsorship
Requests must be approved by a simple majority vote by members of the Agile Open Program, which shall include at least three members. Votes may be held by phone or email. No program member may vote on sponsorship for any conference that they are involved in organizing.
In making their decision, program members will consider, among other factors, the following items:
- the current financials of the Agile Alliance
- the history of the conference
- the non-profit status of Agile Alliance
This program was approved by the Board of Directors in October 2010 and will remain in effect until terminated by the Board of Directors.