You’re sitting in a meeting listening intently. A brilliant thought emerges and you want to share it. You’re stuck. The words are gone. The group conversation shifts away and you slink back in your chair in silence. You missed an opportunity to give your valuable input.
Later, you’re sitting in a conference session and intrigued by what the speaker is saying. You’re enjoying every minute and soaking up all the words. It’s powerful. Yet, you can’t help but think that you too have the ability to create this space. You know that you have something meaningful to share.
Has this happened to you? Do you want to grow your ability to speak up in person? Do you have a desire to have your voice heard? What could be possible if you spoke up? What could the impact of that be?
Speaking in front of others has become an essential skill for connecting in agile teams. Come join this workshop to learn about the myths of public speaking, practical techniques to elevate your voice, and how speaking at events can help your career.
After this session, attendees will be able to
- LIST common myths about speaking in public
- EXPLAIN how to overcome the common myths
- ORGANISE their key thoughts into a rough draft submission
- CREATE an abstract about a topic they’re passionate about
- PRACTICE speaking about a topic in front of others
- BUILD CONNECTIONS confidently with aspiring speakers