Volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) describes our world more accurately each day.
These traits lead to a rapidly growing set of diverse problems across technical value networks. To stay afloat, decision makers, technical leaders, and influential individual contributors must acquire approaches apace.
We will explore play as a time-effective way to cultivate a diverse cognitive-toolkit for tackling the challenges of tomorrow across technical disciplines eg architecture, engineering, operations, UX, etc.
Through games and play (backed by research), we will discover:
– Why not knowing is a superpower
– What defusing bombs has to do with service downtime
– The commonalities between spies and engineers
– What cybernetics says about training in a rapidly moving domain
– Why katas are the most powerful force in the universe
– How balancing victory points and your economy can boost employee satisfaction