In the Agile space, do you ever wonder why we use words such as “transformation” and “journey”? It’s because it’s really freaking hard. As an Agile coach, there are days when you move a group one step forward only to realize that they’ve fallen two steps back. You are part practitioner and part therapist. You experience frequent memory lapses like “I could’ve sworn we’ve worked on this anti-pattern before.” Or, did you? What day is it again?
Now, imagine throwing gasoline on that by condensing a team’s journey into 6 weeks. What breakthroughs might emerge when we accelerate the journey using hands-on, intensive coaching? Well, no need to imagine this 6-week mania because it’s a real thing called dojo coaching.
Join Jess Brock, author of The Dojo Coach’s Pocket Guide, as she shares her lessons and insights that can only be gained from getting down into the weeds with dozens of teams.
Why does she believe the team’s truths reveal themselves when an engagement is accelerated?
What growth is realistic in 6 weeks’ time and what type of growth is not?
How does she build trust and rapport quickly?
How does she know when a team is ready for dojo coaching?
This talk is not limited to dojo coaches! Any coach can find value in these insightful and action-driven stories of a humble dojo coach just trying to do some good in the world.
- Understand what a coachable team looks like
- Explore how to seize opportunities to coach for impact
- Learn how to build trust and rapport quickly
- Explore methods for sniffing out subtle issues (E.g., psychological safety, conflict)
- Gain an understanding of coaching anti-patterns, as well as, learn how to “look in the mirror” to improve your coaching abilities