This book takes you on a journey through the wonderful world of FitNesse, a great web-based collaboration tool for software acceptance testing. FitNesse enables software developers and business people to build a shared understanding of the domain and helps produce software that is genuinely fit for its purpose.
The book is primarily aimed at .NET developers interested in starting with TDD and those who already practice unit testing and want to move beyond that into development driven by acceptance tests. Java developers can also benefit from the third part of this book, which presents best practices for using FitNesse in a team environment and integrating FitNesse into the wider software development ecosystem, including web and database tests.
Test Driven .NET Development with FitNesse provides practical advice for solving real-world problems, based on experience from several big .NET projects. Here are some of the topics covered in this book:
- Applying test-driven development principles and practices to guide projects and improve the quality of code
- Writing FitNesse tests for .NET code effectively
- Getting customers involved in testing
- Building a shared understanding between business people and developers using acceptance tests
- Setting up and managing FitNesse in a team environment
- Using FitNesse and Selenium for Web interface testing
- Testing legacy code and databases
- Extending FitNesse to meet your particular project needs
- Understanding how FIT and FitNesse work under the hood