“The current way of working is perfectly fine. Why do we need to change?”
“We are racing towards meeting our milestones and cannot afford to experiment with lean/agile practices now.”
“Show us where these practices have worked.”
These statements might seem familiar if you are somebody who is responsible for driving a lean/agile transformation across a midsize/large organization. How to kickstart the transformation? How to get the management buy-in? How to drive the transformation across a heterogenous organization with business units that are diverse in nature?
If you have been pondering over these questions, then our lean transformation journey at the Siemens Healthineers Development Center in India might interest you.
Here, we attempt to present our experiences in driving a transformation based on the Healthineers Performance System (HPS). Key topics that would be covered in the presentation would include:
- How we spaced our transformation across years
- The initial steps that we took and how we obtained the management buy-in
- Factors to be considered when driving a transformation
- The various hats a transformation manager has to don when driving the transformation
- The outcomes achieved from our transformation so far