- Deadline for application: May 28th
- Notification date: June 1st
All dates are defined as AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
Become a Volunteer at XP2021!
XP 2021 would not be successful if it weren’t for our volunteers. They help with a number of different activities, from making sure the online conference sessions run smoothly to supporting the local organizing team. Volunteering at XP 2021 enables you to virtually meet and network with leading international researchers and practitioners from across the globe who share common interests in Agile software development. It is also a great way to virtually meet other students from different parts of the world.
We welcome undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students as well as recent PhD graduates who want to join the volunteer team and contribute to XP 2021. We also extend this opportunity to a few industry practitioners who are motivated and share interests in Agile software development and who otherwise could not attend the conference.
Benefits of volunteering (in the online conference)
- Free registration for the entire 5-day conference program. Each volunteer will not work longer than 2 hours consecutively, to ensure everyone gets the required breaks and also still enjoy the conference and attend sessions of your interests.
- Agile Alliance membership for one year
- A certification of appreciation which you can add to your CV
- 100 EUR Amazon gift card
- The opportunity to meet with leading researchers, industry practitioners, and students to discuss your research or work
Volunteer responsibilities (in the online conference)
Approximately 10 hours of work during the conference:
- Hosting or co-hosting the sessions with the session chair (Zoom set up is ready). Some sessions include workshops that require breakout rooms. Volunteers should help the session chair to organise these breakout rooms if necessary.
- For certain tracks there will be pre-recorded videos, volunteers need to help in streaming of the videos or support the speaker to ensure that the video is presented correctly to all attendees.
- Managing attendance, ensuring the right people are allowed into the Zoom meeting and if necessary, remove people who are causing disturbance, or are not supposed to be there.
- Supporting the track chair to keep time of the length of the presentation.
- There might be a Slack channel associated with a session or workshop. Volunteers need to help administer the chat channel, if there is a question arising from the participants, and to keep order in the chat channel.
- Being available during the conference between June 14 – 18, 2021.
- Working proficiency in English as well as good social and communication skills
- Full-time enrolment as an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student at the time of the conference
- For industry volunteers, working full-time in the software industry at the time of the conference
- Apply at your earliest convenience. We have an ongoing review process and will fill the positions as soon as we get suitable candidates.
- Complete the application form
- Write an up-to-date CV
- Write a short motivation letter that covers your organization skills, willingness to help, English proficiency, your motivation for being a volunteer, and how volunteering at XP 2021 could contribute to your research or work
- Combine the above-mentioned documents as one PDF file and upload it to EasyChair and select “XP 2021 Volunteers” track. (You will be asked for a ‘title’ and ‘keywords’ – just put Volunteer into both)
- A short recommendation letter from your academic supervisor (or immediate manager for industry practitioners) at your institution. This recommendation letter must be emailed to the volunteer co-chairs by the reference you indicated in the application form.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the track chairs.