- Deadline for application: TBD
- Notification date: TBD
All dates are defined as AoE (Anywhere on Earth).
Become a Volunteer at XP2020!
XP 2020 would not be successful if it weren’t for our volunteers. They help with a number of different activities, from registration to supporting the local organizing team. Volunteering at XP 2020 enables you to meet and network with leading international researchers and practitioners from across the globe who share common interests in Agile software development. It is also a great way to meet other students from different parts of the world.
We welcome undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. students who want to join the volunteer team and contribute to XP 2020. We also extend this opportunity to a few industry practitioners who are motivated and share interests in Agile software development and who otherwise could not attend the conference.
Benefits of volunteering
- Free registration for the entire 5-day conference program
- Free access to lunches, coffee breaks, and receptions, as well as our Open Space evening and conference dinner
- A complimentary volunteer t-shirt
- The opportunity to meet with leading researchers, industry practitioners, and students to discuss your research or work
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference:
- Registration duties, such as setting up the registration desk, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register
- Provide support and technical assistance to session chairs and speakers during their sessions
- Check badges for coffee breaks, lunch breaks, and conference dinner
- Providing directions to session rooms or other information to speakers and conference attendees
- Be available during the conference between June 8 – 12, 2020 (at least). We also expect local volunteers (living in Copenhagen area) to assist a few hours in pre-conference activities during the previous week.
- Working proficiency in English as well as good social and communication skills
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student at the time of the conference
- For industry volunteers, working full-time in the software industry at the time of the conference
- Complete the application form
- Write an up-to-date CV
- Write a short motivation letter that covers your organization skills, willingness to help, English proficiency, your motivation for being a volunteer, and how volunteering at XP 2020 could contribute to your research or work
- Combine the above-mentioned documents as one PDF file and upload your it to EasyChair and select “XP 2020 Volunteers” track.
- A short recommendation letter from your academic supervisor (or immediate manager for industry practitioners) at your institution. This recommendation letter must emailed to the volunteer co-chairs by the reference you indicated in the application form.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the track chairs.