MAY 21 – 25, 2019 | Montréal, Canada
Accepted Speaker Logistics
The Accepted Speaker Logisitics webpages will serve as your “home base” for XP 2019 Conference information. Please familiarize yourself with the information below. Information will be added and updated on this page throughout the planning process.
Should you have any questions about your speaking engagement at XP 2019, please contact, Tarah McMaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you at XP 2019 in Montreal!
DATES & DEADLINES
MARKETING & PROMOTION
Use the Marketing & Promotion tools below to promote your Speaker status and Session(s) to your clients, prospects and colleagues to build awareness for yourself and your business in the months running up to the conference.
Review Your Session Timeslot & Location
The Official XP2019 Conference Program is available at https://www.agilealliance.org/xp2019/program/
Please be sure to review when and where your session is scheduled to take place as it may have changed since acceptances were sent out.
Update Your Event Schedule Profile [SCHED]
Attendees will know you by your Event Schedule Profile [SCHED].
Please check to make sure your Profile within SCHED is accurate, complete, and up to date.
All speakers were sent an email with log in instructions, if you did not receive please contact Tarah McMaster
- If you already had a SCHED account from the previous year – you can login using your existing email and password.
- If you did not have an account, an Agile Events account has been created for you and login instructions are included in that email.
Information including First Name, Last Name and email from your Agile Alliance account submission system profile has been imported to your Event Schedule Profile [SCHED], however be sure to also ADD a photo and web address as well as update your bio information.
Post Your Speaker Badge!
Download your Speaker Badges:
Let everyone know you are speaking at XP2019. Post your Speaker’s Badge on your websites, social media sites, blogs, emails etc.
View our speaker self promotion guide HERE
Link your Badges to: https://www.agilealliance.org/xp2019/program/
REGISTRATION & HOTEL
All speakers must be registered, please refer to individual emails that were sent out March 18th.
Please book your room ASAP, there are other events happening in Montreal that week and the hotels are selling out fast.
CLICK HERE for recommended hotels in walking proximity to École de technologie supérieure. Please contact hotels directly to inquire about rates and book your room.
SETUP & SUPPLIES
The following outlines information regarding the session Setup & Supplies for the XP2019 Conference.
Room Setup & Capacities
Picture of what the classrooms will look like. Chairs can be moved, but no additional furniture can be brought in.
Equipment & Supplies
Each room will have a standard set of equipment & supplies [listed below].
- Data Projector & Projection Screen
- Microphones & Audio – (2) Wireless lapel/handheld microphones & Audio capabilities will be provided in the Auditorium ONLY as the other rooms are small and microphone is not needed.
- Wireless Internet – Access will be provided throughout the meeting space & public areas of the conference!
- Laptops – There is a PC in each room that can be used, but if speakers prefer to bring their own laptop there will be HDMI and VGA inputs available. You are required to bring your slides on a USB as a backup.
- Supplies – (1) flipchart, paper pad and (2) markers. Note: You are able to tape flip chart paper on the walls using blue painters tape [low tack].
- Additional Supplies – Please bring your own supplies for your session [ie. sticky notes, cue cards, etc]. If you require additional supplies please notify Tarah McMaster so she can have them ready for you to pick up from the speaker office.
There will be a speaker office where you can get supplies for your session. Please check back for location in the building.
The office hours will be 7:30 – 17:30 Daily.
Speakers are responsible for the arrangement of and any shipping and receiving charges.
If you are going to ship something to the school in advance please contact Tarah McMaster who can put you in touch with the contact from ETS to arrange for the delivery.
Upload Session Slide Deck(s)
One of the biggest requests from attendees is access to speaker presentations before and after the conference.
We are expecting speakers to upload their presentations into SCHED.
We recognize that some of you will be tweaking your presentation until the last moment. We request that you upload what you have by Monday, May 20 and then re-upload your final presentation by Monday, May 28.
- Step 1 – Login: Log into your SCHED account
- at https://xp2019.sched.com/
- For EACH of your accepted sessions:
- Step 2 – Click Manage and promote your session: click on the hyperlinked Title of the session to open the session detail page in your browser.
- Step 3 – Select Manage session at the top: Go to the Add presentation: Click “Choose File”. Find the file you wish to upload and select it [Note: It must be a PDF file & no larger than 20MB].
- Side Note: In the Attach a PDF section, you will see all materials previously uploaded during the submission process [if applicable]. These have been pre-set to visible to attendees.
- Multiple attachments? Please repeat steps 3-5 for each additional file you wish to upload.
- Step 5 – Save Changes
- Now, repeat from Step 1 for each of your accepted sessions.
- Note: Presentations will not immediately display on the online Schedule. Please allow 24 hours.