Are you relatively new to Agile?
At Agile 2015 we’ve put together the Agile Boot Camp track just for you. Because such a large percentage of the conference attendees are participating for the first time and many come to strengthen their early Agile adoption initiatives, the Boot Camp plays a role in supporting those who are relatively new to these approaches and want to learn more. The goal of Agile Boot Camp is to provide a systemic overview of Agile concepts, terminology, methodologies, perspectives, and practices. If you are new to Agile and this conference, we believe we’ve put together a group of sessions that will contribute to your understanding and your overall conference experience.
Particularly for those who want the background fundamentals or are “agile-curious,” the Monday sessions will provide a context for the foundations of Agile. The line-up includes three powerful topics and four seasoned Agile veterans including speakers:
- Jim Newkirk, Introduction to Agile: The Genesis
- Mitch Lacey and Peter Provost, Introduction to Agile: An Agile Talk on Agility
- Tim Ottinger, Introduction to Agile Development Practice Basics for Everyone (not just Developers)
Tuesday sessions supply four perspectives (and challenges) for working with Agile teams: distributed and remote teams, test and quality, requirements management, and the role of leadership. They include:
- Speaker/authors Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory, Introduction to Agile Testing: Everyone Owns Quality
- Jutta Eckstein, Introduction to Agile with Distributed Team Members
- Ellen Gottesdiener, Introduction to Agile Requirements: User Stories, Backlogs, & Beyond
- Thomas Perry, Introduction to Agile Leadership: Recognizing and Removing Impediments
The last three Agile Bootcamp sessions on Wednesday connect Agile to the larger organization and give guidance regarding product management, implementing Agile in government, and how to work effectively with outside supporters. The three well-experienced speakers are:
- Rich Mironov, Introduction to Agile Product Management
- Ray Arell, Introduction to Agile Helpers and Guides: Working with Coaches and Consultants
- Sujatha Augustine, Introduction to Agile in Government Agencies
It’s been a privilege to serve as track chair for Agile Boot Camp, and welcome newcomers to our community!