Scrum Developer Certification Online — June 20 – 24, 2022
Be part of an online training class where you’ll gain master-level techniques for rapidly building maintainable software and earn your Scrum Developer Certification (CSD) from the comfort of your home or office.
These techniques will set you on the path to technical mastery for the rest of your career. You’ll not only learn how to correctly do core developer practices such as test-first development, refactoring, continuous integration, and more, but you’ll also understand why these practices work and how to avoid common pitfalls many find themselves in when trying to adopt these practices.
You’ll get the same sixteen hours of training live with me online that I give live when I teach in person but broken into 4-hour digestible chunks. You’ll get all of the live, online lectures and discussions on the Scrum Framework, Design Patterns, and Extreme Programming Practices in the Certified Scrum Developer class. This is an ideal way to increase your value as a software developer to both yourself and your organization while working from home.
We’ll take an in-depth look at best practices around writing code that is straightforward to maintain and extend. Our class fulfills all of the learning requirements for Scrum Developer Certification (CSD) and it goes far beyond those requirements to share key principles and practices used by top developers for rapidly building quality code.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll learn:
- Practical advice on Scrum and XP, OO analysis, design patterns, and refactoring.
- How to use specification-by-example to work through features before you build them.
- Understand core design principles that support writing extensible, maintainable code.
- See design patterns by what they encapsulate and use them to elegantly solve problems.
- Avoid mistakes and support incremental development when doing continuous integration.
- Gain skills to effectively spike, swarm, mob, and pair that boost productivity and learning.
- Write green tests that support emergent design and refactoring code in the future.
- Implement design patterns while code is in the green bar and it’s safe to refactor.
- Refactor legacy code to safely and efficiently understand, modify, and extend it.
- And much, much more.
I’ll be sharing the very best of what I’ve learned in my career as a professional software developer being forced to constantly improve my skills. In the course of training over 10,000 professional software developers such as yourself, I’ve learned many powerful techniques for building code that’s more reliable and extensible. These are the skills that helped thousands of other professional software developers go from practicing to mastery.
Here’s what you get from attending both classes:
- Sixteen hours of live, online instruction broken into four 4-hour training sessions
- Several pdf workbooks containing hundreds of pages with key points and examples from class
- A signed copy of my book Beyond Legacy Code: Nine Practices to Extend the Life (and Value) of Your Software
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Ongoing support where you can ask me questions about the material we cover in our class by email, chat, and video conferences during regular office hours
For a detailed course description of this class, please visit my Scrum Developer Certification page (https://tobeagile.com/sdc/).
We’ll start on a Monday morning at 9:00 am MST and go for 4 hours each day. We’ll take frequent breaks and do several exercises to reinforce our learning along the way.
If you have additional questions then please feel free to contact me through my website – https://tobeagile.com/contact. I hope to see you in class!
David Bernstein, To Be Agile