Professional Agile Leadership Essentials
Leaders and managers of Agile teams face many challenges as their organizations transition and transform. The 2 day Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed to help those leaders explore how to create an environment that supports agility, empowering teams and enabling their organizations to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. This workshop is a unique mix of theory and practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. Students explore how the principles and values of Scrum help guide leaders in the decisions they make to create an environment for agility to thrive.
Leaders in Agile environments can find their role to be quite different from what they are used to, shifting focus to enabling self-organizing teams to creatively solve complex problems. Students in this PAL-E class will discover perspectives and techniques for fostering growth in people in the various Scrum roles in order to sustain long-term agility to the benefit of their organizations and customers.
ASSESSMENT / CERTIFICATION
After the class, students will get a passcode to take the PAL I assessment. After passing the assessment, students will gain the industry recognized PAL 1 certification, which will never expire.
– Scrum class team exercise
– Why Agile matters
– Agile challenges
– Leaders sustain agility
– Developing people
– Measuring agility
In this course, students will:
– Identify potential opportunities, challenges and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization
– Understand techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism
– Discover ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working
– Explore how to measure and guide agile product delivery
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING
– “Extremely useful materials I will take back to my teams.”
– “Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable.”
– “My favorite part was that the instructor could accommodate all levels of learning – novice to expert.”
– “Real life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework.”
Location: Atlanta, GA