ONLINE LAI Certified-Scrum Master (LAI-SM) (Guaranteed to Run)
LAI-SM is a designation provided to someone who completes the Learning Objectives and demonstrates the knowledge to perform this role.
About this Event
In this complex and uncertain world, Business Agility is the only way to get through. However, it requires everyone – from team-level execution and delivery, to higher-level strategy, governance, and leadership, to understand agile principles and be educated about agile frameworks like Scrum.
This course provides the learners with the knowledge of Scrum Framework including the Roles, Events, and Artifacts. The course follows the Scrum Guide written by the creators of Scrum. LAI certified Scrum Masters are able to use Scrum in their organizations and thereby, lead and support Agile Transformation using Scrum and achieve success, regardless of their role in the organization.
• Agile Overview
• Agile values & principles – how Scrum aligns with them
• Scrum Overview – Scrum Framework
• The roots of Scrum
• Where to use Scrum?
• Defined Process Control Vs Empirical Process Control
• Scrum Values
• The Scrum roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Development team
• The Rights, Responsibilities, Characteristics and Authority of each role.
• Scrum Artifacts – Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Increment
• Product Backlog Refinement
• Scrum Events – Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
• Definition of Done
• Scrum Master Competencies – Facilitating different events, Coaching the Development Team, Product Owner and the Organization.
• Scrum Master as a Servant Leader
• Introduction to User Stories and Estimation Techniques
• Scrum Simulation
After going through LAI-SM certification course, the learners are able to:
1. List Scrum Values and describe how are these Values present in Scrum Framework.
2. List the characteristics of Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team roles in Scrum.
3. Discuss the roles of Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Development Team.
4. Describe the responsibilities of Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team in different Scrum Events – Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
5. Describe the activities done in different Scrum Events – Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
6. List Scrum Artifacts and describe each one.
7. Create “Definition of Done” and its purpose for a Development Team.
8. Explain Scrum Master Core competencies and how will Scrum Master use these competencies to make their teams high performing teams.
9. Explain how Scrum Master supports his/her organization going through Agile Transformation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Executives & Leaders
Anyone leading an Organizational Change
There is no prerequisite for this course.
CERTIFICATION AND BENEFITS
With this course, you will be certified as Scrum Master from Lean Agile Institute. (LAI-SM).
There is no exam.
Certificate is for Lifetime and doesn’t need to be renewed.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Digital Course Workbook
LAI-SM Certificate and Credential
Access to LAI-SM Community of Practice
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are less than 5 registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 5 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. We will not be responsible for any other costs incurred.