Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
This is a 2-day event. Each day's hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Full participation is required for certification--no exceptions.
Go Platinum – and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum—just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Certified Scrum Product Owner training by Steve Ostermiller - Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), co-author of Agile Project Management For Dummies, and technical editor of Scrum For Dummies and Pearson Education's Agile Foundations Complete Video Course
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few consulting firms solely focused on agile transformation for almost 20 years
• This course trains participants in the full range of scrum topics, from foundational theory to organizational implementation, with an emphasis on the trade-off and impact decisions a product owner has to make in the real world every day
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO®) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMP® and PMI-ACP® certifications by a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Registered Education Provider (REP)
• Sixteen (16) SEUs towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
• A student guide for future reference
Platinum Edge is a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider Platinum Edge is a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider
This certification course provides a detailed understanding of the scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling.
In addition, this course provides a thorough overview of the product owner’s role within a scrum team for maximizing product business value.
Scrum methods support responsible development that:
• Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
• Drives efficient and effective production
• Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
• Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
• Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments.
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of the scrum system and its benefits and the product owner role.
This course assumes basic understanding of agile development. Attending our Certified Scrum Master or Agile Essentials class prior to this course is recommended, but not necessary.
Topics included in this course are:
• Scrum concepts
- Theory and principles
- How the scrum system supports agile development increments
- Planning and tracking with scrum
- Shippable functionality
- Product owner, scrum master and development team roles
• In-depth understanding of the product owner role, including
- Establishing the product goals
- Delivering Return on Investment
- Becoming the expert on product features
- Maintaining the required features in the product backlog
- Estimating requirements with a development team
- Prioritizing product backlog items
- Representing the customer
• Scrum artifacts
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Burndown charts
• Scrum meetings
- Sprint planning
- Daily scrum
- Sprint review
• Tips on, techniques for and benefits of helping clients and management understand the scrum system.
• How to transition into use of scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
|National University, Rancho Cordova Campus 10901 Gold Center Drive Ste 100 Rancho Cordova, CA 95670|