Certified Agile Leadership (CAL E+O) Essentials + Organization
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF TRANSITIONING YOURSELF INTO AN OUTSTANDING AGILE LEADER…
The Scrum Alliance created the Certified Agile Leadership CAL series of 1-day workshops in response to the need to raise the leadership level in agile contexts. They found that changing the world of work via an agile mindset, strategies, and tactics can not be achieved by only focusing on the team. The more important factor is shifting the mindset of the leaders, and the CAL is focused squarely on that goal.
There are three one-day in-person classes in the CAL series:
CAL – Essentials, is the foundational class.
CAL – Teams, is focused more on team leads and line managers.
CAL – Organization, is focused more on senior leadership in at-scale or enterprise-level contexts.
If delivered in a virtual format, the class will be delivered in 3.5-hour “chunks” over four days, either in morning or afternoon sessions. We’ve found that splitting it up this way allows for a more immersive and less exhausting experience. In person, it will be a jam-packed 2-days.
At the end of this class, attendees will receive the CAL-E and CAL-O certifications.
CAL-E focus points
– We’ll explore two personal tools: Leadership Agility and CliftonStrengths.
– Developing a detailed Agile Leadership Journey personal MindMap.
– Exploring the dynamics of an Inside/out agile mindset.
– Refine and practice the power of your storytelling.
– Huge focus on providing effective feedback leveraging Crucial Conversations & Radical Candor; and practice in Dojos
CAL-O focus points
– The leader’s role in culture-shaping is a KEY component of the discussions.
– Leadership Circle Profile or Collective Leadership Assessment is THE assessment tool for this module!
– Explore a deeper dive assessment of scaling patterns without solely focusing on a specific framework.
– Organization-centric Metrics
– iContact case study will wrap up quite a few ideas.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
– These are the high-level learning objectives the Scrum Alliance has established for the CAL-E.
– Understanding Why New Thinking and Approaches Are Required for An Increasingly Complex, Unpredictable, and Volatile World.
– Exploring a Different Type of Leadership.
– Growing your Self, Situational and Social Awareness.
– Establishing a Growth Mindset.
– Increasing your Respectful Engagement.
These are the high-level learning objectives the Scrum Alliance has established for the CAL-O.
– The Importance of Leadership and Culture in Enabling Agility
– Organizational Design, Constraints, and Enablers
– Organizational Change
More info about the course can be found here:
Regular Price: $1750.00
Early Bird Price: $1450.00