The Top 10 Impediments You Avoid at OnAgile 2016Added to The Alliance
The 2nd annual OnAgile is upon us! OnAgile is the virtual conference put on each year by the Agile Alliance. It will be held live on Thursday, October 20th and available on-demand for 90 days. The theme this year is Agile Transformation: the Enterprise, the Team & You.
Not only is OnAgile a super value at just $49 for members and $79 for non-members (not to mention the group discounts), but it’s also the world’s most convenient Agile event. In fact, there are many an impediment to avoid by attending a virtual conference and OnAgile is no different. With that in mind, I have for you “The Top 10 Impediments You Avoid at OnAgile”.
- Experience an amazing speaker line-up without having to get up from your cushy ergonomic chair or even leave your plush 10,000 thread count bed (if you choose to stay in bed, beware laptop burn which would create a whole other impediment). It’s like having the likes of Esther Derby, Jurgen Appelo, and Niels Pflaeging over for lunch, except you get to control their volume and even mute them on occasion. The full speaker line-up can be viewed here.
- No need to miss your morning stand-up … unless of course you really wanted an excuse to.
- No need to beg your boss to fly you across the country to attend a live conference. In fact, you are doing him or her a favor … better yet, you are doing the company a favor. And, at the cost of a couple extra-large pizzas, you could always choose to foot the bill yourself and avoid talking to your boss altogether.
- No pat-down from the TSA because you forgot to leave your Snoopy toenail clippers at home.
- Clothing optional! That’s right! So you missed laundry day because you were in flow for 12 hours on your latest side project. No clothes, no problem! Go commando for all we care. However, if you will be experiencing OnAgile from your office we strongly encourage the use of clothing.
- No waiting in line to ask a question behind that guy that’s not really asking a question but rather explaining a huge problem that only a consulting engagement can solve.
- So your all-too-diligent ScrumMaster has you already booked to groom the backlog on October 20th. Don’t fret! You don’t have to experience OnAgile live to experience OnAgile. All of the speakers’ presentations, content, and even the Q&A remain available to you to access over and over again for up to 90 days.
- With a front row seat to OnAgile, there’s no chance of getting caught next to that guy that came straight from an all-nighter at the conference party.
- No more racing to get to a conference room to see Johanna Rothman before it fills up. Trying to convince the volunteer that you are fine to stand the whole time never quite works out. At OnAgile, everyone gets in to see the speakers and I mean everyone.
- With a super-modern virtual conference platform displayed on your monitor, you will look plenty busy when your boss stops by to give you a new assignment or your spouse asks you to take out the garbage.
If you are interested in avoiding all of these impediments and more, be sure to register for OnAgile 2016 now. The event will be live on October 20th and then available in a recorded format for 90 days thereafter.
Help us spread the word using the hashtag #OnAgile on your social networks!
About the Author
This is an Agile Alliance community blog post. Opinions represented are personal and belong solely to the author. They do not represent opinion or policy of Agile Alliance.