Agile Alliance is Looking for a Managing Director
Managing Director Position
Do you have a passion for innovation and a strong leadership background enhancing communities? Are you excited about making an everlasting impact in the Agile community? Agile Alliance is searching for a new Managing Director to lead our organization in the future of Agility.
Agile Alliance is recognized throughout the world as the leader in building a vibrant community of talented people who explore and apply Agile values, principles, and practices to make work more effective, humane, and sustainable.
A global nonprofit membership organization, Agile Alliance was formed to support and disseminate information and knowledge about Agile software development. Since 2001, the Alliance’s work has primarily been carried out through physical conferences and the sponsorship of member-led initiatives to grow the community. Today, Agile Alliance membership consists of a thriving and diverse community of more than 84,000 members and subscribers. Our membership and staff enable the Alliance to provide a global set of resources, events, and communities to help people reach their full potential and deliver innovative solutions like never before.
Our new Managing Director will lead the strategic direction of this impactful organization during this pivotal time for innovation and growth. If you are passionate about ensuring the future of Agile Alliance as we begin our 3rd decade, we want to hear from you!
The Managing Director/CEO will report to and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors. Specifically, they will ensure that Agile Alliance’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, and program strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization. The Managing Director/CEO shall also serve as a permanent voting Board member. Currently, this role has a mix of employees and contractors reporting in; there is an opportunity for additional staffing based on the presented strategic plan.
What we are looking for:
A visionary thought leader with strong business acumen that drives business outcomes including, but not limited to, increasing membership growth and value as well as pursuing other avenues to support member growth.
You will have the ability to inspire confidence in staff and be passionate about our work as a member-driven/volunteer-based nonprofit and have the skills to align the staff and board toward our common vision, goals, and strategies by building trust.
You will be skilled at generating revenue from member-based communities, understanding that member-based fundraising supports the organization and our mission. You will understand, grow, and connect with Agile Alliance’s strategic partners. As a leader in the Agile community, you will be able to work effectively across a wide variety of organizations with individuals from around the globe.
Key Objectives will include:
- Define value proposition and implement distinctive areas of engagement for the organization
- Create leadership capabilities and organizational structure to drive growth and innovation
- Grow new membership and increase engagement level of existing members
- Diversify revenue sources and increase fundraising capabilities
- Prioritize portfolio of offerings that support sustainability and/or create scalability
- Establish targets for the expansion of global presence
- Develop strategic communications plan to grow thought leadership position and member relationships
- Collaborate with the board to develop a strategic plan, aligned with the core mission
- Ensure the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with strategic vision, and implement with staff
Skills you will possess:
- 10+ years of experience running a nonprofit member organization including personnel, finance, and program engagement
- Demonstrated success in revenue generation, including individual, corporate/business, and community fundraising
- Ability to negotiate contracts, engage with event planning (both physical and virtual) and represent our mission and vision for the Agile community
- Demonstrated ability to review budgets, manage funding streams and engage in financial planning with the Board and staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills grounded in deep listening
- Ability to interact with members and other stakeholders via the organization’s social media accounts
- Basic computer skills including Office suites, presentation software, spreadsheets, communication, and collaboration tools
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
What you will get from us:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Additional compensation based on bonus
- Remote working opportunity, location preference is the United States
- Various perks including health and wellness benefits
- The opportunity of a lifetime to create a vision for an existing thought leader group within the Agile space
- An opportunity to provide guidance to a community of over 84K members
Interested candidates, please send your CV, resume, and brief statement on why you are the right candidate to: email@example.com