Performance Appraisals. We all have them. We mostly hate or fear them. In this session I'll share my experience of both giving and receiving performance appraisals in a number of different organisations. I'll talk about what has worked and what hasn't. I'll share some industry stats that show my experience is not unique.
Then I'll share what happened when I finally had a boss who agreed to let me experiment and do it my way.
I'll tell you:
* How I did performance appraisals without giving anyone a score.
* How I used this to manage high performing and under performing staff.
* How I figured out salary increases without a score.
* How I kept HR happy with the process.
* How people felt about the process.
You'll leave the session with a new way to do performance reviews that work well for agile.