Community Group Support Initiative
The purpose of the Community Group Initiative is to provide support to new, active, and struggling local Agile community groups, in order to:
- Build a stronger learning community of community groups worldwide,
- Improve the success of community groups in their local communities, and
- Forge better connections amongst community groups within Agile Alliance.
- Foster a community of group organizers via a Slack community called “AgileLocalLeaders” for community group leaders to share ideas and special conference events like dinner with friends or onsite meetups.
- Document and publish community group tips and tricks from some of the most successful community groups in the world.
- Establish a cooperative community of Agile Meetup groups all over the world via Meetup Pro.
- Raise awareness of other Agile Alliance initiatives and other resources to help support events of the community group.
Agile Alliance Meetup Pro
Through Meetup.com, we now have the opportunity for Agile Meetup groups to band together in a cooperative community.
We are building the map of Agile Meetups across the globe and, through this initiative, we will invite a select number of groups to join each quarter.
What’s in it for you?
- Agile Alliance will pay your Meetup dues going forward (without changing or adding anything to your group in any way).
- Your Meetup group, and events, will be shared on our Agile Alliance Community Meetup page.
- Your Meetup group will gain new audiences and report details from other Meetups.
What’s in it for the community?
- One place to see everything that is going on with Agile Meetups.
- A perspective on the Agile Meetup ecosystem that has never before been studied.
The following criteria will be considered when requesting an invitation to the Meetup Pro:
- Organizer(s) must be active on the Agile Local Leaders Slack community
- Must be a free membership group that anyone can join, and not commercially affiliated
- Groups sole focus should be on Agile or Lean practices
- Run a regularly scheduled meetup (not just an annual event-type meetup)
- Represent a specific geography (city, state, province, country)
- Cannot already be part of another Meetup Pro (this is a limitation of Meetup right now and not a restriction per se)
To request an invitation to the Agile Alliance Meetup Pro, join the MeetUp Pro channel on Slack. In exchange for being part of the Meetup Pro, Agile Alliance asks that our logo be displayed as a sponsor on the community group’s website.
We support over 95 thousand members across 111 Meet-up groups in 22 countries around the world. We offer you a place to connect, learn, and share no matter where in the world you happen to live. Join us as a member of your local group, or start one of your own!