Agile Product Management Initiative
The Agile Product Management Initiative’s vision is to be the leading forum for learning, sharing, and promoting the application of Agile principles and practices to product management so we can make better products in better ways. We energize, enlighten, and exemplify the co-creative and collaborative core of Agile principles through the way we gather.
Our mission is to deliver volunteer-led events such as meetups and conferences that are fueled by the participants themselves. We use tested and experimental techniques which allow the community to set the agenda, exchange as peers, build our network, engage in deep peer-to-peer-learning, and expand our knowledge and skills. In so doing, we elevate our capacity to deliver product that please our customers, satisfy our sponsors, build collaborative product communities, and change the world through great products that matter.
In 2019 we will:
- Continue Agile Product Open Conference globally with a full day event in South Africa ( launched May 2017)
- Run the 3rd annual Agile Product Open in Boston in a new space ( Slalom)
- Continue to grow the Boston MeetUp Page which blossomed from 201 members in 2016 to 844 in 2018
- Continue to offer periodic APO MeetUp events in Boston
- Establish a framework to replicate Agile Product Open communities in other locations e.g. Europe
- Add a sister APO in Johannesburg, SA May 2019