The purpose of this Initiative is to help continuously improve the skills of Agile Coaches so that they are well equipped to help organizations and their teams effectively apply Agile values and principles in their work. Direct Support from Agile Alliance fosters greater awareness and transparency worldwide among those in this vital role.
- Offer marketing assistance to ensure coaches are aware of regional Agile Coach Camps in their area
- Help ACC organizers connect with the Open Space facilitators needed for events, particularly if using Open Space as the format.
- Provide historical information and contact details for current/prior organizers to new Camp organizers to promote knowledge sharing
- Create a focal point for the Agile Coaching community so that they know where and how to improve their skills on an ongoing basis
- Provide financial support in the form of sponsorship based on current financials of the Agile Alliance; requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by members of the Agile Coach Camp (ACC) Support Initiative.
Possible Future Activities
- Provide an account that links ACC ticket sales and sponsorships to streamline financial management and execution
- Provide a space where artifacts of proceedings and retrospectives can be captured and/or linked so that discussions, decisions, and recommendations are visible and transparent to coaches and non-coaches alike
- Assist with non-coach outreach to foster their participation in areas such as psychology, organizational development, and communication
- Offer an infrastructure through which coaches can communicate and support one another between camps
- Educate would-be coaches about the various paths they can take to become Agile coaches themselves
- Present a Coach Camp before or after each Agile20xx conference