This guide …
- Is focused on the human aspect of Scrum projects: cross-functional communication, teamwork, and collaboration
- Revisits the most common challenges in Agile projects (Stakeholders, organizational culture, resistance to change, and team dynamics)
Topics covered are …
- Agile and Scrum principles, an overview of Agile frameworks, and Scrum’s place among other Agile frameworks
- The Scrum Master’s role, leadership styles, and servant leadership
- Building and nurturing effective Scrum Teams (traits of ideal team players, team habits, dysfunctions, conflict styles)
- Building rapport with Stakeholders and managing their expectations
- Communication techniques most suited for servant leaders (Non-Violent Communication, questioning techniques, and templates)
This book is intended to be brief, succinct, and on point. The contents have been carefully selected and filtered to minimize distractions. I intended the style of this book to be more on the coaching side than the prescriptive side.
Based on the twenty years of experience and knowledge I gathered in business and change, I proposed some ideas that may prove helpful when navigating the landscape. Additionally, at the end of each chapter, you will find a part titled, ‘Thinking corner’, which is aimed to assist with self-reflection.