The AO hypothesis is that what we call “Agile” is a dynamic in a system called an organization. An Agile Organization is allowing high efficient interactions of people leading to better responsiveness to threats or opportunities.
To ensure such dynamics, the AO model is proposing five areas:
- Structure is not Organization
- Organization allowing Agile Dynamics
- Five transition phases to full Agile Organization
- Five metrics, the five experiences; enterprise experience, organization experience, people experience, customer experience, and system experience.
- Five work areas: the platform, the Plexus, Programs, Projects, and Swarms
These tools will help coaches, managers, and leaders to design a proper engaging “alliance” with all stakeholders of the organization.
AO is an answer to the anthropomorphic organizational model or organic working model where all the actors are engaged in a shared purpose.