Discover to Deliver: Agile Product Planning and Analysis - Gottesdiener and Gorman
by Ellen Gottesdiener and Mary Gorman
Gottesdiener and Gorman introduce a visual language and employ navigation aids to engage readers. The case study is woven throughout the discussion of concepts and detailed practices and is the subject of 80 examples. The “Structured Conversation” section details how to explore and evaluate each of the 7 Product Dimensions, an analysis framework designed to streamline planning and development. The “Adapting Your Practices” section offers ways to calibrate and adjust planning and analysis for a variety of contexts. Some 41 essential tools and techniques are explained and illustrated with case study examples.
See how to:
- Rapidly discover product needs to deliver valued results
- Engage stakeholders to enable shared understanding of product needs
- Collaborate continually to discover and deliver an evolving product
- Holistically analyze requirements using the 7 Product Dimensions
- Guide planning with the Business Value Model
- Use structured conversations to make value-based decisions about product options and allocate them to planning horizons
Whatever type of software product or system you build, whatever your area of expertise—product or project management and leadership; business analysis; development, testing and quality assurance; or business management—Discover to Deliver explains essential practices you can use in your daily work as you collaborate to rapidly discover product needs and deliver valued results.